I recently signed up for the Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® to take advantage of the 40,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days. After using it a for a few weeks now, I’ve discovered just how much I love this card. It is definitely one of my favorite cards to use now, even for everyday expenses such as gas and groceries. There are a few reasons why I love this card and allow me to explain in detail each of those reasons:
- 40,000 bonus miles (limited time only) plus 10% back – 40,000 miles can be redeemed for $400 worth of travel expenses. I recently booked a flight on United Airlines and redemption process for this transaction was super easy, quick, and instantaneous.
- 2x miles on all purchases – it’s like having a 2.2% cash back credit card for all expenses.
- No foreign transaction fees – You can save up to 3% on transaction fees when used outside of US currency. I have a trip to Paris coming up in a few months and I’m definitely taking this card with me.
- Redeem for cash and gift cards – If you’re not traveling much, you can redeem your miles for cash and/or merchant gift cards. You can receive a $50 statement credit for 10,000 miles. The conversion is only half a cent per every mile so you’ll get the best value for your miles if you redeemed it for travel expenses.
- Annual Fee – $89 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® is ideal if you like to travel as it instantly becomes a 2.2% cash back rewards card. However, if you do not travel much, then this card is not ideal for you. As always, please read all your fine print and understand the terms and conditions before signing up for anything.