We are now four weeks into the new year. How are your resolutions coming along? If you remember, I made a few resolutions to improve the quality of this blog by investing more time in different aspects of blogging. I don’t plan on providing updates every week for the next 48 more weeks, but on occasion, I will make a random update just to give myself some additional accountability.
You can refer to my previous new year’s resolution updates to keep track of my progress.
1. Generate more content – There were 13 articles posted through the first 4 weeks of the year. My goal was to generate 180 articles total for the year. Right now, I’m on pace for 169. Not bad, but I need to pick up the pace just a little bit.
2. Host Carnivals and weekly Roundups – I provided one roundup a couple weeks ago. This one here will be the second one. My goal was to provide at least 2 rounds ups and/or carnivals per month. I’m on pace so this is good.
3. Visit more blogs and comment more often – I’ve picked up the pace since my previous update. I’ve visited more blogs and provided comments and began to keep track of each of those comments. My goal was to visit and comment on 20 blogs every week for about 80 comments per month. So far, this month, I provided approximately 40 comments on various blogs. It’s half of what my target goal was so I need to be twice as active as I’ve been.
4. Get more involved with the community – This is a work in progress. I wanted to become Black Belt in Belts of Honor within the Yakezie community and provide four member posts to the community. I’m currently working on my first article of the year.
5. Be more active in social media – My goal was to make one additional tweet or status update for every article. I’ve been doing good on this one so far as well. I’ve been retweeting other bloggers’ tweets and updating facebook status with non-post links. Hopefully I can keep it up. You can follow me on twitter via @moneygreenlife and like me on facebook via /moneygreenlife
With that I’ll leave you with a few articles that I found interesting and fun to read. Hopefully, it’ll be just as fun and interesting to you as well.
The College Investor – Get a paper shredder to prevent identity theft. Not just any shredder, but the one that have at least a criss-cross cutting action.
One Cent At A Time – Don’t find yourself in a situation where you have to spend a ton of money when your car repairs go wrong. Learn these tactics to help yourself save money with car repairs.
The Debt Myth – Need to budget your expenses? Don’t wait any longer and just force yourself to create one. It’s so easy!
Not Made Of Money – Learn to keep track of your credit card expenses so you don’t end up in huge debt.
Untemplater – Have you lost your wallet before? It feels horrible! Learn what to do if you lose your wallet to minimize theft and fraud. One thing always is to have a contact card in case the founder of your wallet wants to return it to you.
The Millionaire Nurse – What’s in your 401k? One million dollars in your 401k account is not out of reach. You can do it!
Retire By 40 – How do you compare to the average American in coffee, gas, pets, and beer expenses? Retireby40 summarizes it all.
Free Money Finance – I went to Costco couple weeks ago and they were offering free samples. I think I could have gotten a free meal from eating all the free samples at Costco. Or if you’re really ambitious, you can possibly save $2000 by eating at Costco!
MoneyGreenLife was also featured in the following carnivals:
Yakezie Carnival – Winter Wonderings via The Amateur Financier
Yazkeize Winter Round Up via Little House In The Valley
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please consider subscribing via RSS Feed or Email Feed to keep in touch!