I recently signed up for the Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® to take advantage of the 40,000 bonus miles promotion. I’ve already spent over $1,000 and received the full 40,000 miles in my account so I was eager to use them to see how user friendly the process was. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that redeeming the miles was so simple and easy. For that reason, I fell in love with the card immediately.
Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® is a travel credit card so it is most beneficial if used for travel expenses. You will receive 2 miles for every dollar spent using the Arrival card and each mile is worth a penny if you redeemed it for traveling. So in essence, 40,000 miles equates to $400 in value. On top of that, you will automatically receive 10% of the redeemed miles back into your account. I recently purchased a flight through United using my new Arrival card. Once it showed up as a transaction online, I redeemed the full value of the flight cost using my miles. Follow these 5 steps and you’ll be on your way in redeeming these miles as well.
1. Log on to your account and click on “Manage Rewards”. As you can see, I have 42,406 miles remaining in my account.
2. Once you’re in the “Manage your rewards” page, you will see different options to redeem your miles, including cash back. Cash back sounds appetizing, but it is not the best method to redeem the miles. Click on “Redeem now” button under “Pay yourself back for travel” category to get the most value out of your miles.
3. You will now see all of the qualifying transactions that you can redeem your miles for. For me, it was two tickets I purchased through United. It also indicates how many days I have before the redemption period ends. Generally, you will have 90 days to redeem once the transaction is posted to your account. I then hovered my mouse over “redeem now” under one of the qualifying transactions and I was given a choice to redeem the full value of the transaction or partial value. I opted for the full value.
4. After I clicked on “Redeem”, it showed me how much mile balance I will have remaining after the redemption. I then clicked on “Checkout” to finalize the redemption.
5. The order confirmation page showed me how many miles I used and how many miles I received back (10%) and my new mile balance. The entire process was instant and I did not have to wait until the next business day to complete the redemption transaction.
You can take advantage of the 40,000 mile promotion by signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® also. This promotion is for a limited time so act quickly. However, credit cards are not for everyone. If opening a new credit card makes sense to you financially, please do your own diligence before making the final decision to do so.